Neutral Software, one of the companies which makes up The Neutral Group, develops tailored, web-based applications to enable large organisations to gather key sustainability and business data quickly and effectively.
What is the Sustainability Footprint Assessment (SFA)?
The SFA calculates an organization’s resource and energy footprint across multiple locations and countries, firstly as a baseline and then updated on a monthly basis. It uses an enterprise-wide web-based questionnaire that, with logistics operational wisdom, undertakes complex energy and carbon calculations using validated formulae. The output is a concise report, illustrating the carbon emissions of an organization by activity.
The energy consumption and carbon emissions can be analyzed both on an aggregated and an individual site level. The footprints of property, operations and transport fleets are assessed, providing a comprehensive review of energy and emissions that can be benchmarked against each other, providing a new perspective in performance.
What are the benefits of using the SFA?
Having access to a tool that has already been used in hundreds of logistics operational sites will enable your organization to get and stay ahead. The Neutral Group’s SFA gives you an immediate, scalable and long-term solution to provide the necessary data and complex calculations that employees, senior management, customers and governments are increasingly demanding:
- Provides a validated sustainability baseline (WRI GHG Standards Protocol).
- Benchmarks your energy expenditure and performance.
- Pin-points where short term energy savings can be made.
- Provides key insights to drive a high value sustainability strategy.
- Reduces the administrative burden.
- Allows you to measure and manage the first 10% energy reduction.
- Increases credibility by independent third-party assessment.
- Eases and enables accurate regulatory reporting on GHG emissions.
- Enables rapid data reports for existing and future customer demands.
- Provides hard evidence when communicating environmental credentials.
- Prepares organizations for future legislative demands for measurement.